Workshop machineries stay useful for several core machining works. It is one of the workshop equipments that are used particularly for cutting metals into a predetermined shape. It is preferred for workshop process to obtain precision in metal cutting process. It is available with different operational modes such as manual, automated and CNC mode that can be selected according the production efficiency expected. Working with Turret devices offers durability of cutting process as it is designed with high quality materials and components that can bear heavy work load. In addition, It is designed in two forms either vertical or horizontal depending on the position of the spindle unit.
Applications of Turret Equipment
The two types of Turret equipment works in different ways. For example, in the vertical turret machine the spindle will not move while cutting the metals whereas, only the place on the table on which the metal is places moves to and fro. Some of the important applications of turret device are
- Can be used to cut different types of metals
- Can obtain flawless accuracy
- Can also be used for drilling, shearing workshop processes
- A CNC Turret that works with computer commands stays an ideal option to manufacture identical products
What makes Turret milling device significant than conventional milling equipment
There are many differences between conventional device and a CNC milling equipment. Some of them are listed below
- It is available in many sizes and shapes hence, it is easy to find the right turret device for different kinds of cutting jobs such as from smaller jobs to heavy metal cutting jobs
- It can be utilised more efficiently and increase the production under the supervision of a professional machining man
- Other types of materials such as wood can also be shaped.
Benefits and disadvantages of Turret
- Benefits– These is more effective than conventional equipments, because it is quiet easy to acquire smooth finishing, precision, and surface finishing. In other machine efficiency can be obtained only by manual support
- Disadvantages- it has both advantages and disadvantages. A CNC turret can obtain accuracy and precision in cutting process yet it is not possible to cut metals that are round in shape. The power consumption part for CNC turret has a big drawback as it consumes more electricity. In addition more space is required to set the machinery.
Different types of Industrial Applications of Turret
When it comes to industrial applications, it support for different workshop activities for several industries such as shearing, drilling, cutting, etc. It is a suitable option for small and medium level metal cutting jobs such as small parts for toy making, plaques, and for several tool room processes. Click here for more information about Turret Milling Machine.
While buying a turret machine, it is always better to know the advantages of cutting in accordance with the cutting requirement and the type of materials that need to be shaped.