A Power press is a special kind of machine that can bend any sheet metal into a specific shape. There are various products made of metal which we use in our day to day life like automobiles, electronic gadgets etc. Sheet metal is required to be cut, bended and pressed to form a particular shape. In ancient times, these jobs were done manually but now to make the process quick, it is used which can cut, bend and press metals to form shapes with accuracy.
How Does a it Work?
The two major components are a stationary bed and a moving ram. The combination dies are attached to the ram and bed which enables giving specific shapes to metal sheet. The main components are clutch, flywheel and crankshaft. The rotation of the flywheel is powered by the motor. A clutch is used to couple the spinning flywheel to the crankshaft. The crankshaft then enables the rotary motion of the flywheel to the upward and downward motions of the press ram. A work piece is fed to the die and the tool cycle is initiated. A re-formed piece is formed when the upper and lower dies press together on the stock material. Once the down stroke is done, the work piece which is formed in a specific shape is removed and then another work piece is fed to repeat the same tool cycling.
It can be dangerous to operate if they are not maintained properly. If you own a power press at your workshop, you need to make sure that your employees or people maintaining necessary skills and knowledge about the working of the machine. If any accident occurs at your workshop due to poorly maintained power press, then you might get in trouble and your employees’ life can be at stake. So, it better to take below safety measures while using it at your workshop:-
- The ancillary equipment, control systems and all their guards of your power presses are maintained so that the lives of people are not put at risk.
- The maintenance work should be carried out when the machine is switched off or isolated and the people working on it have necessary knowledge and expertise.
- The appointed person operating should be provided necessary training in order to use the equipments in a proper manner.
- Written instructions on how to use properly should be made available to the operators working on it.
- Regular inspection and tests should be done for power press to ensure that it is safe to use.
- Its components should be regularly examined by a competent and knowledgeable person.
- A record of power press maintenance schedule should be maintained in order to preserve the proof that the machine has been inspected and tested.
If you need to buy a machine for your workshop, just go through the website of leading machine tools supplier in India, http://www.bhavyamachinetools.com where you will be able to find two types and those are C type and Pillar type power press. Only best quality tool room machines are available here and you can choose one which best suits your requirement at the workshop.